#AceNewsReport – Aug.03: There’s an active shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, according to police: The El Paso Police Department on Saturday tweeted an alert about an “active shooter” in the area of Hawkins and Gateway East boulevards, which are the two roads flanking a Walmart store: A police department official confirmed the shooting was at the Walmart.
Source: (EL PASO, Tx.) JUST IN: Active shooting at ‘ Walmart ‘ underway and tweeted an ALERT ‘ Please Stay Away ‘ about an “active shooter” in the area of Hawkins and Gateway East boul evards, which are the two roads flanking the store #AceNewsDesk reports | Ace News Services
#AceNewsReport – Aug.03: Senior officials privy to the talks said a peace agreement could be expected at the end of the eighth round of talks, possibly before Aug. 13, and would enable foreign forces to be withdrawn from the war-torn country: Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. peace envoy for Afghanistan who has held a series of meetings with #Taliban leaders since last year, reached Doha on Friday night.“Just got to Doha to resume talks with the Taliban: We are pursuing a peace agreement not a withdrawal agreement,” Khalilzad wrote on Twitter………………“A peace agreement that enables withdrawal. Our (U.S.) presence in Afghanistan is conditions-based, and any withdrawal will be conditions-based,” he said, adding the Taliban are signaling they would conclude an agreement.“We are ready for a good agreement.” …………Two sources with knowledge of the talks said an agreement on the withdrawal of foreign forces in exchange for security guarantees by the Taliban is expected before Aug.13: About 20,000 foreign troops, most of them American, are now in Afghanistan as part of a U.S.-led NATO mission to train, assist and advise Afghan forces: The hardline Islamist Taliban group now controls more territory than at any point since the United States bombed them out of power in 2001: Two Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen and Zabihullah Mujahid said a 19-member Taliban negotiation team will represent them in the Doha peace talks”The issue of forces withdrawal has prolonged the peace talks and delayed the deal,” said a senior Taliban commander based in Afghanistan on conditions of anonymity: “There was no way we would allow permanent stay of U.S. forces in Afghanistan after signing a peace deal with them,” he said, adding that Taliban will provide complete assurance that no foreign militant group will be allowed to use Afghanistan to launch attacks against the United States and its allies.Leaders of the insurgent group have repeatedly stated that a ceasefire or talks with the Afghan government and civil society members will not take place until the United States announces a plan for foreign force withdrawal from Afghanistan: U.S. President Donald Trump wants combat forces reduced in Afghanistan by the next U.S. presidential election in November 2020, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last month.Fighting in Afghanistan has not subsided. More than 1,500 civilians were killed and injured in July, a record monthly toll this year, and the highest number documented in a month since May 2017, United Nations of Assistance Mission in Afghanistan said in a statement on Saturday: Many Afghans fear a U.S. troop withdrawal announcement will weaken their bargaining power with the hardline Islamist group, which aims to re-establish an Islamic emirate to replace an elected government it dismisses as puppets of foreign forces: Women’s rights groups in particular worry about the fate of women and girls in the event of a return of the Taliban, who banned girls’ education and imposed severe restrictions on women’s rights to work outside the home.The sense of uncertainty revolving around the peace talks has become a source of distress with many Afghans fearing a complete collapse of law and order if the United States fails to protect basic freedom guaranteed under the Afghan constitution: In June, Pompeo said he hoped for a peace deal with the Taliban before Sept. 01: “The Americans are being hasty to sign the deal. Right now it feels like we will wake up one morning and find the Taliban government has been installed,” said Mustafa Karimi, a shopkeeper in Kabul whose brother was killed last year by the Taliban during clashes with Afghan forces: “Taliban often use Afghan civilians as human shields and now the U.S. are also putting our lives at risk to exit out of Afghanistan,” he said.“We are doomed if the peace talks don’t protect our basic rights and freedom.”#AceNewsDesk
Source: (DOHA, Qatar.) #PeaceTalks LATEST: A fresh round of U.S.-#Taliban peace talks began on Saturday, officials s aid, describing it to be the “most crucial” phase of negotiations to end the 18-year war in Afghanistan #AceNewsDesk reports | Ace News Services
Text messages from Peter Strzok to Lisa Page show that the Mueller Special Counsel in its first month was already working on an obstruction trap for President Trump to step in.
They must have already known then that there was no collusion.Representative Devin Nunes in an interview on FOX News said the following:What we really need to know [from Mueller] is when did he know about collusion, you know, whether or not it was true.
I say it had to have been right when he walked in that door. He may have wanted to check a few things.But I think a larger question is on obstruction of justice.
The obstruction of justice charge was about Comey’s memo’s, that he had fired Comey. What I’ve been trying to say, I said on your podcast last week, I think what the American people need to understand is this investigation is not about collusion, even though they say it was.
It wasn’t about obstruction of justice because that was about the firing of Comey.I believe what is was, was that they set an obstruction of justice trap that lasted for the better part of two years!
George Soros, the billionaire megadonor, has set up a super PAC for Democrats and has seeded the 2020 campaign fund with $5.1 million, according to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission.
The 88-year-old financier intends to use the Democracy PAC to distribute money to other organizations and not create his own political group as some other billionaires have.
”He has, unlike Tom Steyer or [Michael] Bloomberg, funded things like Senate Majority PAC and Priorities USA and EMILY’s List and Planned Parenthood and expects to continue to do so,” a person familiar with the new organization told Politico.
The $5.1 million check more than doubles the $2.1 million Soros gave to political causes during the same point in the 2016 presidential election.
He became one of the Democratic Party’s largest individual donors, giving more than $20 million.Other members of the Soros family, including his son Alexander Soros, a philanthropist who founded the Alexander Soros Foundation and who’s also become a major Democratic donor, might also contribute to the Democracy PAC, Politico reported.FILED UNDER 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION ,
FrontPageMag reported today shocking information related to the Hillary Clinton email investigation and coverup [emphasis added throughout] –
In breaking news, the American Center for Law and Justice or ACLJ (Jay Sekulow’s organization, not related to his role as the President’s attorney), has obtained actual copies of the immunity agreements pertaining to Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson in the Hillary email scandal. This was a stunning litigation win, hard-fought after years of litigation by the ACLJ attorneys, who were unable to extract the documents through the normal FOIA processes, due to a lack of cooperation by the government.
In reviewing what the agreements uncovered, keep in mind that Cheryl Mills was Secretary Clinton’s Chief of Staff at the State Department and then bizarrely, she subsequently served as Clinton’s attorney, representing her in the email scandal. Heather Samuelson worked on Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign, and then became a Senior Advisor to her at the State Department, as well as the White House liaison. Somehow, she also became one of Clinton’s personal attorneys during the email scandal.
The immunity agreements issued by the government, were crafted so that the agencies could extract information from the parties, despite the fact that this is not necessary because DOJ has the power to require that the information be turned over. Clinton kept classified emails on a private server in violation of Federal law, and the immunity agreements reveal that both Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson were actively involved in the cover-up of these emails as well as in the destruction of evidence. According to Jordon Sekulow, Executive Director of the ACLJ, it is extremely unusual for someone involved in a criminal cover up, who needs an immunity deal to ensure the evasion of jail time, later becomes the attorney representing the other potential criminal or co-conspirator.
The magazine continued –
Subsequently, Mills and Samuelson finally gave the computers over to the FBI, which per their agreements, limited the FBI’s investigation. The FBI agreed to limit a) the method by which the emails investigated would be obtained; b) the scope of files which would be investigated, and c) the timeframe parameters for investigated emails. In other words, the FBI agreed in the immunity contracts not to do a full investigation on the Clinton emails. To make matters worse, again, per the immunity agreements, the FBI agreed to destroy the computers that had the back-up emails. As Congressman Jim Jordan referenced during the Mueller hearings recently, the FBI used bleachBit to purge the server so the information could never be accessed in the future and used hammers to smash the cell phones involved. In other words, the FBI and DOJ participated in the destruction of the evidence. In effect, this constitutes is a conspiracy between the Obama DOJ (under Loretta Lynch) and the Comey-led FBI to cover up Clinton’s crimes.
James Comey, the former Head of the FBI, came out a few weeks after all this occurred and famously said that no charges would be pressed against Hillary Clinton in spite of her many crimes –
Remember this? Now picture the same scenario and substitute the name Clinton with Trump. Imagine what the outcome would be.
House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes appears on Fox News with Tucker Carlson to discuss the ongoing investigative situation with James Comey.Representative Nunes highlights the difference between Inspector General Michael Horowitz and U.S. Attorney John Durham; noting there is a possibility the investigative review of Mr. Durham touches on a great deal more than IG Horowitz. WATCH:
The DOJ has filed a response motion requesting a reversal of a prior court order that would have forced unredacted release of the “David Archey Delcarations“; detailed descriptions of the James Comey memos. [Detailed Backstory]In their latest filing (full pdf below) the DOJ and FBI are falling back on the familiar “sources and methods” justification to block DC Circuit Court Judge Boasberg’s earlier ruling.
Thank God for the British Open.
For four days I can watch the best professional golfers in the world playing on TV instead of watching the Democrats playing their political games in Washington.
It was a crazy week of controversial presidential tweets, rabid accusations of racism by the liberal media and parliamentary turmoil in the House of Representatives, but Democrats worked extra hard each day to prove that they are still deranged.
For instance, a hundred House Democrats defied the wishes of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and made fools of themselves by trying — and failing — to pass a resolution to impeach President Trump over allegedly racist comments he made about Democratic congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley and Ilhan Omar.
Meanwhile, liberal, moderate and socialist Democrats in Washington were shooting at each other in a circular firing squad that made their party look even more inept, confused and lost.
Pelosi, a lifelong lefty, continued to be upstaged, disrespected and made to seem like a moderate Democrat by AOC and her wrecking crew.
The four rookie representatives — who in six months have made it clear they prefer socialism over capitalism, Palestine over Israel and open borders over immigration reform — like to call themselves “progressive women of color.”
But Pelosi has a less exalted opinion of them, especially after their leader, AOC, appeared to play the race card when she hinted the speaker was singling them out for criticism because they were women of color.
Nancy Pelosi a racist too? Who’s next? Oh, I forgot. Everyone’s a racist now.
House Mother Pelosi retaliated for the socialist foursome’s trouble-making by dubbing them “The Squad” and reminding them that despite the six months of slobbering attention they’ve gotten from the liberal media, they were “only four people.”
President Trump, who has cleverly made AOC and her gang into the politically unattractive face of the Democrat Party for 2020, stirred the pot by calling them out as “hate-filled extremists who are constantly trying to tear our country down.”
He was right.
Of course, everyone on CNN and MSNBC was certain Trump picked on the Squad because of their color, or because they were women, but as usual they were totally wrong.
Trump doesn’t care what color or sex the Squad members are.
He picked on them because they keep saying the same stupid socialist stuff, keep stirring up trouble in the media by misrepresenting conditions at the southern border and keep charging anyone who disagrees with them as a racist or a bigot.
The president made a rare political mistake earlier this week by uniting the bickering Democrats with a tweet storm that implied that House members leveling nonstop criticism at America should first “go back” to “help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.”
Trump didn’t name the Squad members, but everyone knew whom he was referring to. He was predictably called a racist by Democrats and just about everyone with a laptop in the liberal media.
But he was right to bash the Squad for their radical views. They are not just dumb, they’re dangerous.
Their presence in Congress reminds me of that famous but unverified quote that Nikita Khrushchev reportedly said in 1956 about how the USSR would eventually defeat America: “We do not have to invade the United States, we will destroy you from within.”
So let me get this straight.
While I have to watch Democrats in Congress waste time hating and sanctioning the president and trashing America as a racist country after it twice elected a black president, I still have an invasion of illegal immigrants on my southern border.
And while I watch Democrats — and Republicans — in Washington spend another year kicking the health-care-reform can down the road, I have a daughter-in-law and son in Los Angeles who suddenly had their private health insurance cancelled and must now sign up with the state’s system because there’s no competition in California.
Both Republican and Democrats are at fault for our healthcare and immigration messes.
Both parties have recently held total control of Congress and the White House at the same time, yet neither one honestly tried solve the country’s two most important problems.
If they can’t get find the political courage to fix healthcare or immigration by next fall, we shouldn’t give one member of Congress from either party a single vote.
At this point, the only person I think who deserves to be re-elected in 2020 is the Republican who’s repeatedly proved he has the will and the cajones to stand up to the Democrats and the liberal media — Donald Trump.
Michael Reagan is a political consultant. Send comments to Reagan@caglecartoons.com.