Looking back on my life now decided it was probably time to size it up.
I made a ton of mistakes. It’s probably why i give ppl a lot of leeway. Know very well how far we can fall.
Mixed in with terrible choices are some choices i do not regret at all.
1. at 21 giving birth to my son.I debate every so often if raising him was a good choice.Maybe going the route of adoption might have been better for him. I live with the choice and in spite of the debate-can say no.i made the choice and in spite of my own failures think it was the best decision at the time.
2. Marrying the man i did.Right choice. He’s made some huge mistakes also but after the last big one he learned the hard way. It’s been going well. I am so glad we stuck it out and are going on 21 yrs. We both cleaned up our acts. There hasn’t been one ounce of substances in our home from day one. Make that 21 yr for both of us. I had a wonderful priest counsel me and decided to forgive and move on. I was almost tempted to throw in the towel at the time. I married late but i can honestly say now it’s on very solid ground.We know we probably don’t have a lot of time left. With both of us having health issues we need each other. It’s been a blessing believe it or not. He does let me down from time to time but I’m sure he could say the same thing about me.
3. Deciding to buy this house,great choice. i feel we’re home at last.
4. Confession ppl confession . Always a good choice.When you hear the words, i absolve you in the name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit it’s a new day. Now that doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be difficult moments or that you won’t wrestle with your faith but grace builds on grace.Keep turning to His mercy. By dark i don’t mean deep in sin dark-been there,done it,did that. Dark as in sometimes you just don’t have the answers or get the answers. They come over time.
I think Mother Therese might have gone through a period like this herself;but you keep on trusting in God anyway. Confession. It’s important no matter what is going on in your life.
5. I’m glad i ditched the horrible influences in my life. I had baggage. I met people i thought were accepting. We had to part company and that was one of the best decisions i ever made. Substance abusers only have 1 thing in common.Substance abuse.Keep a clear head. Don’t use drugs. Do not abuse alcohol. Be careful who you pick to associate with.If you’re a devout Catholic stick with the sacraments. Don’t give them up for anything. If you’ve left the faith,come home.
6. The time i spent with my parents and getting to know them. It was worth every minute.
It’s unfortunate it was so late in life but better late than never. Time goes more quickly than we think.
7. I’m thankful for my relationship with my brother. No matter what happens,family is family. Never let a past problem get in the way of keeping a family relationship. If they don’t want to reach out then reach out to them. If they don’t want to let it go-you let it go.He’s a good guy and we’re twins so what choice do we have? lol Paternal twins ppl. Identical twins are not the only kind there are.
Now husband and I are rolling towards the big 70. As fast as we got to the big 60 i can imagine how fast the 70’s will sneak up on us.Our 21st anniversary is in May 🙂